Art is a vehicle to reach out to students. Engaging them with art enriches their study with all other curriculum subjects. Our strategy is aimed to spark the energy of world peace by igniting the passion of learning in the world’s children.In using the research based principles of integrating the arts in the general curriculum, we hope to increase self-esteem and thinking skills in children to help them become better world citizens. Wherever there is a need, drawchange wants to be there providing art supplies.
Our vision is to provide the tools necessary so each child has the ability to fully express themselves.
Established in 2009, drawchange is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to aid global change by supplying the world’s children with empowering art experiences. Together we can provide empowering programs that allow them to effectively visualize a better life for themselves.
- Founded in early 2009 by Jennie Lobato, fine artist by trade and lover of children. Jennie possesses a deep understanding of what a difference the arts can have on children by being able to first and foremost envision all they are capable of being.
- Active physical and virtual volunteer list of 40+
- Staff of Art Therapists, Child Behavior Therapists, Art Teachers
- Serve children of Atlanta, GA, Brooklyn, NY, Orlando, FL, and other U.S. States as well as international projects in Costa Rica and Ethiopia
- We create empowering art therapy-based programs and curriculum tailored to specific childrens’ needs
- Drawchange meets the children in their environment; after school programs, orphanages, homeless shelters, etc.
It all began with three passions: art, children, and helping others. The arts meant so much to Jennie, our founder and CEO, growing up. Click here to read her story about what prompted her to start such a worthy organization in 2009! Stay tuned for her life story book!
Child Protection Clause
In the interest of child protection and abuse prevention, drawchange™ has adopted the attached policy concerning interactions with children minors, under the supervision and direction of drawchange™ staff and volunteers. It is important that staff and volunteers understand the Purpose of this document and implement the Prevention Guidelines and Response Procedures of this policy. Click here here to view and download our child protection clause.